4 Steps To Craft The Best Email Newsletter
In the era of Instagram and Facebook, email communication seems to be backdated. But trust me, email marketing is one of the sure shot ways to reach your customers. The US consumer database believes email marketing to render the maximum number of the customer along with an excellent investment return.
Most marketers tend to forget the real potential of email marketing and end up sending newsletters just for the sake of it. Remember that is not going to help, if not anything else, you will make your customers feel irritated with hundred emails a day but zero of significance. Thus, your newsletter should be the best one.
- Find out why
I don’t know your target audience, what is the point in writing a newsletter? First, answer yourself why are you writing this newsletter and what do you expect from your readers when they read this newsletter.
You can have various objectives, such as-
- Promote new product or brand or sales.
- Offer solutions to issues related to you.
- Build an online reputation.
- Gather leads.
Your customers run short of time and their inbox is flooding with numerous email newsletters. In such a scenario you need to make sure that your newsletters are unique and creative. Because if there is no creativity, your emails will result in spam.
There are, however, a number of ways that you can increase your creativity with-
- Catchy subject lines/ headlines will create a curiosity gap. Remember, your subject line will indicate whether the customer will open the mail.
- Personalization has better opening rates. An email with the customer’s name or the product name will be opened a number of times than any other emails.
- Emails that create urgency are the ones opened maximum times. Use words that urge the customers to choose the CTA.
- Visual contents-
Visuals can make or break your newsletter. Use graphics- based headers to grab your customer’s attention.
Your layout should be structured with the vital one first gradually moving down to the less important ones.
Keep your CTA on the top, so that your customers cannot divert their attention.
If photos fail to load, keep alt text with all the images.
- User-based and not company based-
Don’t forget that your newsletter is for your users and not solely for your brand. You are not only going to praise your brand but also share relevant information with your customers. There are a few ways you can do so-
- Third Party Content: Third-party content from your partners is a great way to direct your newsletter with your target audience. You can also promote your newsletter with vendors, local brands, or other businesses that cater to the same target audience.
- User-Generated Content: Another way to add value to your newsletter is by adding user-generated content. It involves sharing content created by your consumers, fans, and even your employees. It will add a personal touch to your newsletter, which will attract more readers.
- Share Trending Topics: Use the newsletter as a platform to share trending news. People prefer if their favorite brands keep them in the know about of the latest happenings that interest them. Always try to provide something your users can’t find anywhere else.
A high-performing newsletter can work wonders for your digital marketing. With these four strategies, you will be able to improve your newsletter. Over time, you will enjoy a broader and more dedicated readership.